The first open Porsche to make a significant impact was the Speedster, introduced in 1954. The Reutter-bodied Speedster was dropped in 1958 and replaced by the more civilised Convertible D, which differed principally by virtue of its larger windscreen and winding side windows.
By the time the 356B arrived in September 1959, the car had gained a new windscreen and 15"-diameter wheels. The newcomer's introduction brought with it further styling revisions, while the now standardised 1,600cc engine was available in three different stages of tune. With the 356B's introduction, the Convertible D was renamed 'Roadster'.
The 356B represents significant advances in driveability and comfort over earlier 356 models and is a pleasingly quick way to enjoy the traditional Porsche values of quality, reliability, and mechanical robustness.
According to the Porsche COA, chassis number '8844*' was delivered new in 1960 via D'Ieteren in Brussels, Belgium! The previous owner acquired the restored Porsche in Germany and brought it to Belgium in 2016. The Roadster has been maintained in its current condition and was fitted with disc brakes in the front.
A nice example of this rare classic, the car comes complete with tonneau cover, owner's manual, Porsche tool kit an jack.